View Single Post
Old 02-14-2024, 04:17 PM   #645
MoonlightGraham
High School Varsity

September 1, 2036

Zayden Calhoun
received an offer from Georgetown last month. He still likes us better, and he's narrowed his list to us, the Hoyas, and Kansas. I remain confident he'll be in Villanova blue next season.

It seems that Tony Flaherty liked his visit to campus. Duke has made him an offer, but we remain at the top of his list.

We're in a similar position with David Lovett; his third choice, Northwestern, has offered him, but we're his favorite right now.

And then there's James Sanders, Jr. We're in a battle with Georgetown for his commitment, and the Hoyas are ahead right now. There is a part of me that never wants to concede a player to Georgetown, even if the Hoyas are the favorite. We've come from behind and landed a player or two that way. But is this the battle to fight?

I have a nickname picked out for James Jr., but he can't have it if he signs with Georgetown.

But here's the problem. I don't have the inside track for any other big guys. David Getty, a five-star center, prefers Boston College, and he's got an offer from the Eagles. Would he flip to us if we offered him? Mark Rotz, another top center, seems pleased with an offer from Kentucky...but would he prefer one from us?

When I'm stuck like this, I often check to see if there's a foreign player who likes us and could fit our needs. Oh, look! There is! His name is Jordi Ballester, and he's from Spain. He lists New Mexico as a favorite school; perhaps that's because they've contacted him. I cut someone from our call list and add Carlos, and prepare to evaluate him. Would you like to visit Spain this month, Coach Sims?

I'm going to keep my offers in the hands of the same four players this month. If Jordi Ballester looks like a player and James Jr. keeps wearing Georgetown gear around his high school campus, that might change.

Last edited by MoonlightGraham : 02-23-2024 at 08:26 AM.
MoonlightGraham is offline   Reply With Quote