View Single Post
Old 02-13-2024, 09:11 AM   #26415
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
I opened a new Bank of America credit card account, made 1 extremely non-suspicious charge (a car registration), then got a fraud alert and had to spend 90 minutes on the phone, transferred 5 times. The first two people told me they couldn't verify my identity on the phone, so I had to all in using the chat feature on the app. OK. I told the chat feature I was trying to remove a fraud alert, called in from there. First person only handled login issues, transferred. Second person only handles fraud reports, not fraud card blocks, transferred. Periods of hold in between - and the call quality is very scratchy. Third person asks me a few ordinary questions, removes the block, and tells me "they do this secondary check sometimes when a new account opens" and it has nothing to do with any charges.

I blame AI. And somehow this card now feels the LESS secure of any of my cards.

Oh, and the last three people who I had to reach through the App could only be used during business hours, so this was a 2-day effort for me (I like to do this kind of shit in the middle of the night if possible). The first two people couldn't help and told me I had to wait even though I was implored to "call immediately".

In preparation for our trip overseas, I looked into notifying both AmEx and Chase about my upcoming travel, and both had documentation online that said don't bother, we have sophisticated algorithms that tell us when something is fraud or not. And sure enough, not a single charge I put through on either bank's cards was flagged.

I have a BoA card, but I only use it for 0% balance transfers/cash advances.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote