View Single Post
Old 02-09-2024, 06:26 AM   #112
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post
And the search for & access to rare earth metals continues ...

The story is from DM. I don't know how accurate the nos. are but there we are finding quite a bit in Wyoming. There are many different types of rare earth metals and no idea if they are really the "right" ones we need etc.

I searched on it and didn't find much beyond local press, trade journals etc. but don't think it's hit MSM awareness yet.

'Beyond our wildest dreams': 2.34 BILLION metric tons of rare earth minerals discovered in Wyoming that could make US 'world leader' | Daily Mail Online
Quote:
'Beyond our wildest dreams': 2.34 BILLION metric tons of rare earth minerals discovered in Wyoming that could make US 'world leader'
Quote:
American Rare Earths Inc announced that the reserves near Wheatland dramatically surpass the Asian nation’s 44 million metric tons, saying it 'exceeded our wildest dreams’ after drilling only about 25 percent of the property.

For context, China is currently #1 and her rare earth deposits are in the millions.

So my (premature) conclusion is:

More to come; we may not be as dependent on other countries for materials to build our EV batteries, iphones etc.; rare earth metals may not be as rare once capitalism starts looking harder.
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote