View Single Post
Old 01-19-2024, 11:49 AM   #746
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs View Post
I'm not an attorney, but have spent a decent amount of time as a professional in courtrooms. Judges come in all different forms, but in my experience, most very much have an attitude that the courtroom is their environment/domain and the rules will be followed. It should not be surprising to anyone that has ever stepped foot in or near a courtroom that a nearly 80-year old man, that has been a federal judge for 30-years, is not going to put up with any type of theatrics.

Trump's team of attorneys know what they are doing and so should everyone else. They are trying to frame the case as unfair so that there can be a retrial because everyone always treats Trump unfairly and he can never get a fair shake. This is not a business meeting or group project - what they are doing is ridiculous and they are already getting miles more leeway than any of us ever would.

To me, this is one of the saddest aspects of the Trump era.
This is what I have heard from attorneys over and over again. If they tried to pull some of the stunts that Trump's attorneys have done, they would have been held in contempt without a second thought. This is judges has actually been patient knowing that the Trump people are just trying to play for a mistrial.
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote