View Single Post
Old 01-10-2024, 12:41 PM   #26284
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post
The rules haven't changed but they are different for regular people and for the "big boys". If the first big boy continues to make fun at the second big boy, and the second big boy fights back with innuendos, the first big boy should suck it up. If you can dish out crap and hide behind it was just comedy/satire, then don't go crying to mommy when someone gives you crap back.

No, Kimmel has not accused other of pedophilia. But I do propose the specific pedophilia accusation is besides the point when talking about "big boys".

The question for me is: who has insulted more people, made fun of more people, harmed more people, ridiculed more people etc.

It is fair to say that Rodgers with his anti-vax position may have done more on any of those categories. My position is both are at fault. Both have caused harm through their words ... Rodgers through his lies and anti-vax position, Kimmel through his ridicule that are protected because it is satire but still impacts people adversely (see my link to article above).

What if Rodgers involved Kimmel's son with the heart condition? Not his wife or other kids that specific kid. Is he fair game that Kimmel has to suck up? I am just trying to see where the line is or if there is a line at all when it comes to famous people making accusations against other famous people. Also while you may be making that distinction, I don't think the distinction between famous people and regular people is that significant.

To be fair, I don't know what accusations have been made by Kimmel against Rodgers or what it may involve. I just feel like pedophilia is the line that historically people stayed away from. The recent trend of throwing the pedo accusation around so casually is strange to me.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote