View Single Post
Old 01-10-2024, 08:42 AM   #26278
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post
Regarding Jimmy Kimmel vs Aaron Rodgers ...

If I was in a room, I'd prefer Kimmel over Rogers. But honestly, I don't think Kimmel has much to bitch about.

In his monologues he jokes about and insults public personalities behind the shield of comedy. If Rodgers wants to state something distasteful about Kimmel who has done infinitely worse to others in the spirit of comedy, I'm good with it.

It was easy enough to dismiss and didn't need the faux outrage IMO.

I have been meaning to ask this question. Have the rules changed on the expected reactions that come from accusing a man of pedophilia? I know all the lines have been blurred but I feel that the reason a man doesn't want someone to falsely accuse him of pedophilia or for most men to just casually accuse a man of pedophilia is because we expect the reaction from the community to be at least a savage beating of the accused. I mean we would not be surprised if we heard that the man down the street that has been accused of pedophilia has been savagely beaten by someone or more than someone. I hear those that are saying we have advanced passed the primitive behavior. But are we? We just had people shooting at a pizza joint over pedophilia accusations.

I am not saying that Kimmel has not said worse things. I am pretty sure I have never watched any of his comedy. Maybe Kimmel has accused others of pedophilia as well. If he has I would say the same for him as well. The recent trend of casually accusing people of pedophilia to take a shot at them feels dangerous.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote