View Single Post
Old 12-30-2023, 04:44 PM   #30
JetsIn06
Pro Rookie

I just had a thought; we have a lot of young prospects, and I'm curious if we can package one or two of them with White to offload his contract.

I'd hate to do it on one hand, but I'm severely hamstrung by this deal for the next four years. But after messing around with some offers, we come to an agreement with the New York Knights, and it's not quite as bad as I thought it would be.

We'll send SP Seth White and CL Eric Morgan (which is painful, don't get me wrong; he's been amazing for us but I'm willing to lose a reliever) along with $2.9M, plus cover 40% of the remainder of White's deal. In return, we get a much worse reliever in RP Alex Ramirez who's owed $4M for this year, and 3B Oscar Saavedra, who's owed $7.4M this coming year but is on the last year of his deal. Neither guy fits into our long-term plans and will likely be let go after the season.

For us, we lose our best reliever, by far. We lose SP Seth White, who our scout thinks has diminished into worthless (and the stats back this up). We'll obviously still pay a significant amount this year with the 40% we owe and the two new guys, but after this year, we'll save close to $18M or so a year for the next four years.

FA: 0
Trades: 0

There's not much else to cover; this year is certainly going to be a transition year. Hopefully SP Joey Parrish and CF Mike Gruver can put together strong seasons, and maybe some other young guys can make an impact.
JetsIn06 is offline   Reply With Quote