View Single Post
Old 12-20-2023, 06:18 AM   #538
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
I feel like there's a different thread this should probably go in but I can't seem to find it. Graduation completed on Thursday, with our focus on family friends who were in town for the event, it took until last night to stop and make my official comments on social media.

I'm sharing those here cause, well, y'all have been on this ride a long time

And since he finally made it public last night, this follow up post this morning from me

Congratulations to Will and I wish him well in his future endeavors.

While you may want to put the focus on Will's talents and hard work for his advancement and to those various villages, I want to make sure that his parents get their special flowers for the role in his success. You guys done good, Jon. Salute!
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote