View Single Post
Old 12-18-2023, 12:19 PM   #6
NawlinsFan
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
Coaching Staff Hiring Stage doesn't make a lot of sense to me, although I haven't really dug into the mechanics of it.

When coaching hires comes around, when I need new coaches, I am given a list to pick from (~30-50 coaches to choose from it seems) and I get to pick the one(s) I like best. I don't believe I'm competing against other teams for the rights to these coaches, I'm not negotiating salaries, I'm just picking them in a vacuum and poof, I get the guy(s) I wanted.
If the overall depth of this activity is simply to get me some coaches that I want, then I suppose it's doing that well enough.

A few things I would love on the coaching front.

1) When creating a new universe the coaches are part of the franchise draft, i.e. you draft your players why not be able to draft the staff you want for the systems you want instead of having to go through the season before you can change them. The preference draft could have this added on the same page. Otherwise there could be a 4-5 round draft cycle to alow you to make offers and compete for those you want.

2) Head coaches that are on contract are untouchable. They only become available if they are released.

3) Compensation. During the off season another team can hire a coordinator but only if they are promoted to assistant or head coach. I f they are you are entitled to say a 5th round pick.

4) Coaching trees. It would be interesting to see a head coaches legacy that includes staff that have moved on to become assistant or head coaches for both those that succeed and those that fail.

All nice to have, yeah, and very unlikely as it doesn't fit the path Jim has set but hey one can dream.

Last edited by NawlinsFan : 12-18-2023 at 12:19 PM.
NawlinsFan is offline   Reply With Quote