View Single Post
Old 12-13-2023, 03:50 AM   #32
Stanley92
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilodor View Post
1. unzip the files to a folder of your choosing
2. In the files there is one file called default_teams.csv
2a. Copy this to your C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Front Office Football Nine\default_data or similar directory
2b. This will overwrite the default file, all it has changed are the team nicknames.
3. When you want to start with a historic season
3a. Untick the box that says Use Front Office Football Player File
3b. Click continue
3c. Tick the box that says Use Your Own Player File Set
3d. Click the box that says CHOOSE CUSTOM FILE SET
3e. Navigate to wherever you unzipped the files
3f. Select the file xxxx_info.csv, where xxxx is the year you want to start with
3g. You should be able to click continue to go through the rest of the settings.
Drafted players are automatically loaded, so there's nothing else to do but hopefully enjoy.
If you want to start in the early years, 1976 is a decent place to start, since there are 28 teams and a 16 game schedule. Pre that is 26 teams and a 14 game slate.

Massive work you done yet again for FOF and playing historical. Thanks mate.
Now I'm good to go buying this new version and abandon years of playing FOF7-8. Hopefully the salary problem gets solved in time by Jim.

I think I start again on 2002, and read up on your 2002 version file. I had my 2500 players you once done in your 2002 file edited with correct salaries. That file also had FOF7 structure in salaries so needed to be adjusted to FOF8. Tons of work. (Some smaller changes was added to team belongings and some dublicates deleted. I'm a sucker for Special Team stars, like gunners, so I spotted some that needed to have increased ratings on that number)

But some stupid questions.
You got over 4000 players with IDs in 2002 file, is the max 2500 gone ?
Several looks to be fictional, or am I wrong ?

How about those newly added coach files in this FOF9.
In old version you had to play with fictionals if starting way back, but will coaches work as the player files now. (Maybe too much to ask for)
Probably too hard to implement since some coaches popping up further down in history need to retire as players and that might not work with new coaches coming in. Never mind that, one always wish for more.

Once more BIG thanks mate. You enriched this game once more.

Last edited by Stanley92 : 12-13-2023 at 05:11 AM.
Stanley92 is offline   Reply With Quote