View Single Post
Old 12-09-2023, 03:02 PM   #531
tarcone
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post
I think majority of US kids leave after finding a job because they want to be independent, have their own place, spend however they want to spend their earnings, not have parents crimp their dating life etc.

I think parents wouldn't mind working kids staying with them for X years. But at a certain point, it's time to go (25-29). If my kids wanted to stay past 30+, I'd be concerned they aren't willing to be independent or responsible.

The perfect scenario for me is working kids out of the house, but living within 30 min to 2 hours away. Easy enough to visit on weekends.

I know in many other places in the world, kids would want to stay with parents until they get ready to start their own family. In Asia, there is a stronger family unit, a combination of love, guilt and duty.

I have both. One is graduating and moving. One is at home and I am giving her to 25. Her masters will be complete and she will be on the marriage track or moving out of state track. I am hanging around these parts for her.

The word is Fight! Fight! Fight! For Iowa

FOFC 30 Dollar Challenge Champion-OOTP '15
tarcone is offline   Reply With Quote