View Single Post
Old 12-04-2023, 04:21 PM   #208
Dutch
"Dutch"

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexB View Post
That’s what I thought, but I’ve sent in quite a few bug reports and suggestions, so wanted to make sure I hadn’t missed something!

Wait, upon further review...I may be missing something too. Probably knew this a long time ago, but I'm effectively getting back into FOF when it comes to some of the nuance. I think after review, the player does get all the money.

If this deal was signed at the start of the season for $510k + $2.1m in salary. The prorated portions make sense.

But in this case, you signed him to the same deal with 5 weeks left and cut him after week #18. So the player signed for a 1-year deal but effectively only a 5-game deal (the contract money you are negotiating for always looks like its for a full season...so that might add to the confusion, but I believe it's done for consistency's sake.). And because of that, the player honored his part of the contract, thus it makes sense that he collects all the money. Also, since it's now at year's end, it's irrelevant to the cap for the next year.

The only question then is how do you handle the playoffs, especially if you need to sign another player. I think minimum wage guys were signable no matter what your cap scenario is, but I don't recall that scenario now.

Last edited by Dutch : 12-04-2023 at 04:22 PM.
Dutch is offline   Reply With Quote