View Single Post
Old 11-24-2023, 01:49 PM   #82
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

The 2nd Ireland/Norway War

2 Feb – I rally my armies.

I negotiate an alliance with the Duchy of Kent with 3.5k troops

15 Feb – I have 5372 troops in my capital and send them to the Orkneys.

24 Feb – Duke Murchad’s faction to replace me is done for

6 April – Norway lost their other war for conquest

29 April – We arrive in the Orkneys and there is an 8 month siege

3 May - I unlock a new Dip Perk and I take Forced Vassalage which allows that CB

26 June – 1k troops arrive in Buchan and begin a siege it should take around 9 months and I have 5 left in Orkney

21 Sept – Orkney falls, I sack prisoners and 31 cash, I have a warscore of +5, I head to Buchan.

16 Oct – I decline a White Peace offer from Norway

7 Nov – We arrive in Buchan and begin battle.

12 Nov – Our wife passes at the age of 68 and I gain stress. My alliance with Aragon ends since she was the Aragon link. Can I renew it? Nope we are at war

28 Nov – We win in Buchan and the warscore rises to +12, I order my army to the islands of Hjaltland

15 Dec – Duke Morgan swayed, relations are +90, I move to Duke Goronwy.

3 Jan, 1150 – They arrive at Orkney to retake it and I redirect there to hit them

1 Feb – We arrive at the Orkneys.

10 Feb – We win, rout their army, and have a +32 warscore

1 April – We arrive in Hjaltland and begin a siege that should take around 7 months.

9 Sept – Hjaltland falls! I sack 16 cash and we have a warscore of +38. Next is the island chain of Faereyjar.

29 Oct – For 9 months I’ll be sieging Faereyjar which I just landed at

12 Dec – Sway Scheme on Duke Goronwy fails and I stick to him

28 May, 1151 – Faereyjar falls! I have a warscore of +44 and sacked 13 cash. This is the last holding in my war target so I head to Norway’s captial, but I have just 3.7k left after sieges and travel.

10 Aug – Our 3808 troops arrive in Norway’s captial and begin a siege which should take around 9 months

25 Oct – I can get a new Dip Perk and I take Accomplished Forger and our CB formation time increases by 75%

5 Nov – Duke Goronwy swayed, relations +87 I stick on him

4 Dec – Duke Murchad of Connacht wants to renew our vows and I agree

25 Dec - The Independence Faction disbands. Happy Christmas!!!

5 Feb, 1152 – We capture the Norwegian captial, warscore is +96. I sack in cash 32 and a prisoner I only have 2480 troops left. They are in Orkneys about to fall in a couple of months so I order my forces over.

22 Mar – The Orkney’s fall warscore drops to +90

14 April – We land and catch them trying to leave and begin battle

2 May – We win and the warscore of +94 we begin siege again

20 July – We retake it, 30 cash, and +100 warscore

We can take the Northern Isles!

Here’s a picture:

Remember these are in the Kingdom of Norway not Scotland so I am not their rightful owner. Norway can De Jure us anytime for these. Looks like I accidentally DOWd for the wrong thing. I got Orkney but also Gulapingslog which my father created a claim on I inherited.

Here’s a map of our new coastal Norwegian place which I was going to in the 3rd War after incorporating them. Here’s a map of the area:

Orkney – 0 control, ours, strait from Katanes, Norwegian, Catholic, 1 holding, Plains, 7 development,

This is over my limit so I have to give away a holding. I could hand off Athlone to another and build up this’s control, but a 7 dev, one barony holding won’t be great so I could just hand this off now. Do I handoff Orkney or Athlone. I hand off Orkney to:

Earl of Orkney – Donncuan II
the 25 Martial guy

I disband my army and have 2894 of 5991 which will take a while to reload and then 453 cash.

Gulapingslog:

Sogn – North coast, north of Hordaland – 110 control, 8 development, Norwegian Catholic, 5 Baronies, one Taiga, three Hills one Mountain, controlled by Count Knutr

Hordaland – South of Sogn, north of Rogaland – Controlled by Countess Alfridr, 61 control, 5 Baronies of land types Taiga 2 and Mountains 3. Norwegian and Catholic, 9 development,

Rogaland – South of Hordaland northwest of Vestradgir – 60 control, 9 development, Catholic Norwegian, controlled by Count Knutr, 3 Baronies one each Plains, Hills and Mountains.

Vestradgir – Southeast of Rogaland – actually in the Egdafylki Duchy with two – 10 development, 60 control, 3 Baronies one each Plains, Hills and Taiga, controlled by Countess Ylva

Count Knutr – Relations of -49, I hand him his Duchy back, +66, age of 51, nasty prowess of 17, stats of 7/18/6/4/6 – great Martial, Norwegian and Catholic, traits of Brave, Greedy, Zealous,

And the next war should bring in Hjaltland and Faereyjar. Or maybe I’ll expand here in Scandinavia proper.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote