View Single Post
Old 11-19-2023, 11:18 AM   #76
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

1 Jan, 1141 – I have cash of 412 and my army is mostly rebuilt at 5114 and I have prestige of 1052 for war against Circinn. I’ll wait a few months until my cash is above 500 and then DOW them in my final window.

I spend 610 Piety to claim Norway’s coastal Duchy of Gulapingslog. This will pass down to my son.

8 Feb – I get a Know Thyself event, I will die in a year of natural causes. When I die the alliance with England will break, so I’ll need to DOW Circinn before then.

10 May – Blanche, my Antiquarian passes and I hire the average 42 year old Iliana

6 July – I have 505 cash and am ready for our final war of our High King’s life!

The Ireland/Circinn War

I spend 500 Prestige DOWing Circinn and then 350 bringing in England so I have left 238

I order my troops to rally in our capital

20 July – 5122 troops are rallied and I send them to Circinn’s capital of Gowrie

29 July – Lennox is under siege by them – it should fall in 4 months, I order my men here

My cash is losing 3.0/month

11 Sept – They flee Lennox when England nears them

16 Sept – We land and begin battle with them

5 Oct – We win and get a massive +50 warscore! I head to Gowrie

11 Oct – My great grandson has turned 16!

Brangen – Catholic Irish, background of Thrifty Clerk, stats of 9/12/16/7/8 prowess of 12, traits of Lustful, Content, Honest and then Intelligent inherited trait

28 Oct - We arrive and begin to siege Gowrie and it should fall in 9 months. England are next door in Dunfermline which should take 5 months

3 Nov – Duke Murchad is not swayed

10 Dec – Since I am about to die, I spend 350 piety and drop relations with the Pope by 20 to get a cash gift I get 360 cash

18 Jan, 1142 – Dunfermline falls and our warscore is +94

30 Jan – Our High King Buaidbeo passes! Mael-Michil takes over!

Mael-Michil – Age 55, this won’t last long, stats of 21/9/8/8/7 prowess of 10, Catholic and Franconian, Adequate Bargainer educational background, traits of Temperate, Fickle, Compassionate.

With my 8 Stewardship I can only hold 5 provinces. I hand Ceredigion to Gwynedd and get +40 relations with him

I need a new Council. Our Archbishop’s relations are a nice and healthy +54 and thus he endorses me and we still get that cash.

Who are my others? My new council:

Martial – Duke Murchad of Connacht with 17
– relations of 0

Steward – Duke Oddr of the Isles with 15
– relations of +23

Chancellor – Duke Gospatric II of Lothian with 17
– relations of +84

Spymaster – Duke Lulach II of Moray with 21
– relations of +63

Key Vassals:

Duke of Gwynned Cagwgan II is +36

I sway scheme Murchad

If you’ll recall, Mael-Michil was the Court Musician. Is he still? Nope!

I hire the Princess Ciar – 42 years old, average – to that role

I hang his Hare Hide in the court in an open space

21 Feb – Duke Murchad started a plot to replace me with himself. Duke Madog II of Powys created an independence plot. Madog II is a +56 relations and not a key vassal.

5 Mar – A Gaelic Populist faction is created against me from Galloway – Duke Elair has joined them +22 relations he is in the Isles Duchy as a reminder

8 Mar – Duke Oddr of the Isles joins them and they have enough to make demands.

I send a gift to Duke Elair of 176 cash and we have +100 relations. Will that pull him out? I send a gift of 150 to Oddr to make nice and our relations rises to +100 too. Will this stop the Gaelic Catholic Populis t support for independence?

27 Mar – They are still in and Duke Lulach II with a +68 joins.

1 April – Our Culture discovers Battlements!

10 April – We renew our alliance with England so I can bring them into our upcoming Civil War. King William II is 69 and will die anytime, but I need to keep this alliance for defense.

29 April – We sack Gowrie for cash of 23 have a warscore of 100 and then I go for peace so I can focus on the upcoming war.

Here’s a pic:

I spend 140 prestige, disband my army

Prince Michael of Scotland – 0 relations, Gaelo-Scots culture, Catholic faith, 52 years old, traits of Calm, Fickle and Arbitrary; stats of 17/13/15/10/6 – prowess of 7, background of Adequate Bargainer. Note he has great stats and will eventual be a key vassal.

Circinn grabs:

Mearns – south of Moray’s Buchan, east of Angus – 3 Baronies, 2 Plains, 1 Hills, controlled by Earl Duncan III, 100 control Gaelo-Scots culture, Catholic faith, 9 development

Gowrie – Capital, center, 60 control, 9 development, 3 Baronies all Hills, Catholic and Gaelo-Scots, controlled by Prince Michael,

Fife - Southeast of Gowrie, south of Angus, north of Linlithgowshire – 3 Baronies, landmasses of Plainsx3, control of 60, 9 development, controlled by Prince Michael, Catholic and Gaelo-Scots

Strathearn –
West of Fife, south of Gowrie, south of Atholl, northeast of Lennox – 3 Baronies, two Hills and one Plains, 100 control, development of 8, run by Prince Michael and then Gaelo-Scots and Catholic

Atholl – West and north of Gowrie, north of Strathearn, 100 control, 2 Baronies both Hills, Gaelo-Sots and Catholic, development of 10, controlled by Earl Walter.

Nice adds! I now control every province in Scotland. Even England just has Northumbria next to me which is in their Kingdom. But…can I keep it?

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote