View Single Post
Old 11-18-2023, 09:44 PM   #74
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

1 Jan, 1138 – I have 555 cash for a war, and Norway is still not allied to the HRE, has 3655 soldiers, but they are allied to a Swedish duke with 994 men.

I am ready for grabbing more of Scotland.

What cultural development focus do I want next for Irish culture?

I want to focus on Chronicle Writing which will now finish in 12 years.

I spend 200 prestige to DOW Norway for the two in the Duchy of Moray they have. I spend 350 prestige to call in England. I have 471 prestige left.

The First Ireland/Norway War:

I call up my troops.

15 Jan – 5061 troops are called up in my capital and I send them to Sudrland

I am losing 3.3/month

28 Feb – Countess Forblaith invites me to a Hunt but I decline since I am at war

8 Mar – Ross is under siege by Norway and it’ll fall in 13 months, I order my 5k army there to meet them

15 Mar – My army nears and they flee

18 Apr – We catch them in Sudrland and begin a battle, England is near

29 Apr – We finish the last Learning Perk we can learn, the last one in Medicine called Whole of Body and we gained that trait

5 May – Another sway attempt on Duke Madog II fails and we stay on him

19 May – England and us win in Sudrland and we get +18 war score, I begin a siege and it should take around 4 months

22 July – They are sieging Moray and that should fall in 8 months

12 Aug – We capture Sudrland, we sack cash of 36 and capture some prisoners that I ty ransom, England is heading north to Katanes and I join them - +23 warscore

30 Aug – We arrive in Katanes and it should fall in 8 months

4 Oct – England arrives at and is besieging Orkney

10 Dec – The Orkneys fall, we have a warscore of +29

26 Jan, 1139 – England nears Moray and Norway breaks off their siege

16 Feb - I get a Marriage Proposal from the Duchy of Normandy in England which won’t be an alliance for my great grandson and heir Brangen and the 16 year old Philippa who is daughter of the Duchess and then her stats are 7/8/15/10/8 and her traits are Callous, Cynical and Ambitious and her background is Fortune Builder. What do I think? Do I want to marry into the Duchy of Normandy? I do it, see you in three years when he is 16

18 Feb – We capture Katanes and have both of our wartargets and we have +40 warscore and then we sacked and I move my army to the islands of Hjaltland

27 Mar – England beats Norway and the warscore rises to +54

7 Apr - Peat Quarries constructed in Ennis!

19 April – Beatrix is now 16 and she heads off to her marriage in Sweden

27 April – Duke Porbjorn passes at the age of 46. His heir?

Duke Oddr, of the Isles,
stats of 9/8/15/6/6 prowess of 9, age of 25, traits of Shy, Impatient, Generous and then background of Fortune Builder. Relations of +56

Then he was my Martial, who’s my new one? He has 8, pretty low. I want a key vassal Duke that’s not in my council. Madog II has a 16 so I choose him and then move sway scheme to Oddr. Actually I swap him for Countess Forblaith with an 11 Stewardship for his 15, and then I won’t have to work with my largest Duchy not building favor and I start to make nice with her.

26 May- I arrive at and begin a siege of Hjaltland in 6 months

23 June – Mairead is 16! We marry her to the King of England William II

It looks like the Isles are at war with the Countess Forblaith’s Ormond.

1 Sept – England arrives at the Norwegian island of Faereyjar – it should fall in a longer 19 months

11 Oct – We capture Hjaltland and have a warscore of +89. I heard to Faereyjar – we sacked 32 cash

18 Nov – Norway begins besieging Sudrland and I order my army over

21 Jan, 1140 – We win a battle against Norway and now have a 100 warscore!

Here’s a pic:

As you can see I am spending 50 prestige for these two new holdings. I do so!

I disband my armies! I gain a weak hook on the Duchy of Moray Lulach II since these went to him

Sudrland – Gaelic, 60 control, Catholic, north of Ross, 11 development, controlled by Earl Magnus II, who reports to Moray, 3 Baronies, one Hills two Taiga,

Katanes
– North of Sudrland, strait to Orkney Islands, 2 Baronies, 9 development, 58 control, land types of Taiga in both, controlled by Earl Gudfast, Gaelic culture and Catholic faith,

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote