View Single Post
Old 01-06-2004, 10:34 PM   #13
Poli
FOFC Survivor

It's unbelievable how things change.

Even during spring football, Coach Fulmer was busy trying to come up with something. It was obvious he had faith in Chris Brewer, but that was about all.

I was leading the second team offense, and that had never happened before in my life. I actually had the worst weeks of my life this spring, mainly because I was trying to get used to the speed of the second team offense. I was used to the speed of non scholarship scrubs, and I got comfortable with that speed.

Coach Fulmer was upset and really got onto me to pick it up. He even tried using sophomore Keith Grier at quarterback. Keith came from an option high school, and Coach Fulmer turned him into a receiver. Keith played in every game of the 2006 season, but failed to make a reception. Keith looked just a tad worse than me at QB, and was promptly returned to wide receiver.

Things got even worse when Brewer went down.

By that time I had adjusted accordingly to the speed of our team. Fumbling was not an issue; but passing still was. Let's just say I won't make fun of Steve Grogan and his Tecmo Super Bowl passing anymore. My passing isn't much prettier.

Coach Fulmer was so upset he cancelled the Orange and White spring game.