View Single Post
Old 11-14-2023, 05:18 AM   #12
Stanley92
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilodor View Post
So the future players would be built into the "roster" file. The new players and quarterbacks file have all the future drafts built in. So the 2003 file would have the drafts from 2003 up to 2021 (although I don't have great data from 2021, so probably 2019 is the last good season). You'll notice these players because they have a different base year. The draft is built from the players whose base year in the file match the current league year for the draft.

Thanks for that. So I assume correct then that this new FOF9 can be played as the old FOF7-8 versions.
I always started with 2002 since that's the last league alignment we use today and someone else had made a very good starting file. It needed a bit of error-editing and players added.
I think we did get a new 2021 draft file somewhere. But not sure.
Those old draftfiles had a different layout/structure than the basic game file, so that's what I feared would mess up things if needed to be converted or editing into this new FOF9 files. But there covered every thinkable player drafted or just "perhaps" drafted, some 7-800 each year.
Adding coaches to this is just great, if possible.

All faith in Jim and his engine, and great modders on this forum. The earlier versions was the best on this sport if one consider "under the hood". UI needed to be upgraded to more user friendly and modern but that's not the biggest issue.
Stanley92 is offline   Reply With Quote