View Single Post
Old 11-10-2023, 01:53 PM   #117
Unimaginative
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cole View Post
Are staff ratings stagnant or do they change ? I guess best way to potentially have OC/DC candidates become good coaching candidates is if initial ratings adjust over time/with experience …. To simulate fewer staff members starting as HC, staff members I presumed would start with lower ratings that would build over time, with the occasional new staff member who shows up elite/fully developed.

In this case I looked at every single staff member with a coaching win after 50 simmed seasons and none of them came from other jobs first. So if this was a mechanic in past games it’s either not working or not there anymore. This was a 24 team league, if that makes a difference.

As well as this, I wonder if a system where the AI evaluates short-term and long-term success of coordinators as well as a coach's bars might make the coaching system feel a little more realistic with progression from coordinators to HC. You'd still get occasional young HCs who are recently retired players or had short coordinator stints, if they had really good bars (like Sean McVay or Demeco Ryans, for real life comparisons), but a majority of HCs would have had multi-season stints as coordinators for at least one team. A coaching mentorship system, too, could help--coaches could have a rating (possibly hidden) for developing other coaches (coordinators under them) and improving their ratings.
Unimaginative is offline   Reply With Quote