View Single Post
Old 11-09-2023, 06:12 AM   #230
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
We aren't talking about Hamas, we are talking about Palestinian civilians. Israel can ban every member of Hamas and kill them for all I care. The people being killed and imprisoned have nothing to do with Hamas.
I guess this is a crux of our disagreement. One of the key drivers of this mess is Hamas, even pre-Oct 7. It has everything to do with Hamas.

Unfortunately, the not-Hamas Palestinians are being impacted by Hamas. If Hamas stops for real (in a fantasy world), then travel will free up more.

Quote:
Asking Egypt to take millions of refugees who are mostly women and children (the most expensive to the economy) so Israel can have its ethnostate seems like an unfair ask.
We are talking about Jordan & Egypt letting Palestinians travel through their land, either as final destination or as a transit point. Both options are severely limited because of the threat & history of Hamas and Palestinian Authority.

Also, taking in millions of antagonistic Palestinians (many for justifiable reasons) and try to assimilate them or letting them cross freely into Israel seems like an unfair ask. Better to keep the border restrictions for now.

Quote:
Again, what does Jordan have to do with this? Do you know where Gaza is on the map?
Jordan borders West Bank? There are Palestinians in West Bank? There is Hamas (and PA) in West Bank?

So when talking about Israel creating a "prison" where Palestinians can't come and go, need to toss in Jordan and Egypt into the equation. And why those countries restrict travel into and through their territory.

Quote:
They take hostages so they can trade for Palestinian hostages. In the past, Israel has given very favorable terms for hostage trades.
Yes, I understand taking hostages for trade. But I'll ask again, why children & grandmas? And why continue to keep them, easy enough to release them to UNRWA. (Well, not anymore but certainly in the past 2-3 weeks).

Last edited by Edward64 : 11-09-2023 at 07:48 AM.
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote