View Single Post
Old 11-04-2023, 08:02 AM   #58
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
My daughter was in disbelief when she read this. She was like, in high school girls basketball, we would have worked on multiple defenses and offenses prior to the weekend before the season starts. WTF?

Also - Calipari noted afterwards that he forgot Friday was an off day, so they'll be working on zone defense/offense on Saturday, but then they have to get into game prep on Sunday so Saturday will be it.

First, it's Cal so all the grains of salt with anything he says. That being said, my guess is this may be more of a controlled scrimmage than a game. Yes, there will be refs and everything will look like a normal preseason game. But the coaching staffs may have discussed certain sets they are trying to run or they want to see how their team defends a certain set of plays. It could also be something like Kentucky will be playing Kansas in next week and Cal would prefer not to show them anything zone related.

I honestly just think it is just Cal lowering expectations/getting his excuses in early.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote