View Single Post
Old 11-02-2023, 05:14 PM   #105
Bobble
College Prospect

Since this is an impressions thread, I thought I'd offer mine. Mainly, I'm putting down the things that were bumps in the road.

- Seems like the game is meant to be played from the Manage tab. If so, then that shouldn't be the second-last tab. It should be first. And it should be the default tab. To be honest, I was a little lost until I ended up on that screen.

- It was a pain in the butt to try to do the 53-man inaugural draft by hovering over a player to get his attributes. It also sucked not being able to get any other info like who's taken whom, who was drafted in the last round, etc.

- Overall, this game would benefit greatly from customizeable, always sortable tables. As an example, as I'm looking at the Player Participation table for the last game, I'd like to see and sort it by position and starters.

- I felt kinda blindsided by the fact that I did the inaugural draft with a 4-3 in mind and then found out my D Coordinator was a 3-4 guy. Would be a good idea to present that kind of info to the user more obviously.

- There's no way I can change my team name, eh? I'm stuck with Columbus Texans now. Should probably take some of those "regional" names out of the database (Texans, Yankees, etc.)

- In the gameplanning screen, I ought to be able to hover over a play and have the diagram come up. Right now, I'm so disconnected from my plays that I feel like I have no choice but to let the AI do it. EDIT: I see that it DOES eventually show as a tooltip if I let it hover long enough. Great. I drafted safeties that aren't great blitzers. Which plays do I select so that I have more LB blitzes and less S blitzes? How would I know? EDIT: I see the blitz frequency screen. It's covered there.

- There should probably be a better way to automatically name my saved game then "Universe 2". Feels unfinished.

- I like the QB/WR chemistry (although I don't know why TE is not included). Would like to see the same thing for O-line chemistry, defensive front, and secondary respectively.

- Wouldn't mind a tooltip over the positions to tell me what the game is looking for in each position. Right now, I'm not sure why it's got this guy as a FL versus SE, a DRE v. DLE, etc.

- I wanted to print out the draft. There's no way to do that?

- Players from the initial draft have a "Joined Team" value of 29. A 0 or 1 or 2023 are values I can understand. 29 I don't.

- I thought the little wooden doll on the Medical screen would show where the injury is. A little disappointed that it's static.

- I got caught up on the roster limits. It tried to help my realize that I needed to get down to 53 but didn't pop an error when I didn't meet the position requirements. It just wouldn't let me continue.

- Game Books are cool. I particularly like the Game Flow chart.

- The player screen is clean and efficient.

All the stuff you would expect for a FOF game is there. Seems like a great evolution of the series.

Overall, it's a lot of fun but it feels like the game is fighting me a bit.

Last edited by Bobble : 11-02-2023 at 05:26 PM.
Bobble is offline   Reply With Quote