View Single Post
Old 11-02-2023, 07:32 AM   #17
NawlinsFan
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cole View Post
I prefer to play custom fictional leagues as opposed to the NFL ..

Am I correct in saying that if I want to create a fictional league where I have specific say over where the teams are located and what they are called, I need to completely edit all aspects of the default teams csv file for the specific league structure I want to use, then select "use default teams" when creating the league?

Because the alternative only allows me to basically pick how many teams I want in each country, then the game just creates cities and nicknames, and there's really no way to adjust the team cities/nickname after league creation?

Is all the above accurate?

I'm still a ways away from starting my 'real' league, but just wanted to be sure I had the format correct for how to go about it.

I'm with you Cole and am looking at the same thing. Yes, I do believe you have to edit the csv files to align with the specifics of the league you want. So team names, colors, stadium data, etc. within the default_teams and team_info csv files. I am going to try to do one with the fantasy stuff I have and see how it goes.

Hopefully in the future Jim may come up with an easier way to do this as this can be a lot of work and trial and error.
NawlinsFan is offline   Reply With Quote