View Single Post
Old 11-01-2023, 01:05 PM   #28
HansMellman
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfg22 View Post
He can say whatever he wants, he has made a great product but the UI speaks for itself. Its not intuitive and honestly its very dated.

If you want to go into the intricacies of all his arguments, I can, but in essence he is unwilling to learn new things, or to contract out the UI. His decision, and this will still very likely be successful as a game but you cannot deny the UI is still terrible after all of these years. It's too much for me.

Oh yeah, I'm not disagreeing with you. Having just spent two hours with the game I am of a similar opinion. It's a bit painful that the front and back buttons just next to the main banner at the top are jagged, same with the edges of the ribbon on the top - things like that will take getting used to.

I know Jim had said that this was nothing to do with OOTP and that the project had moved in a totally different direction but I've played FHM since the very early days and the UI was similar, very similar in fact in the FHM4/5/6 days but those were all released around the same time as FOF8 - which I think echoes your point about the age of the UI in concept.

Still, I'll persist for now in the hope I adjust.
HansMellman is offline   Reply With Quote