Thread: FOF 09 Graphics
View Single Post
Old 11-01-2023, 12:02 PM   #39
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweed View Post
Having this happen to me too. Here is what I've been through.

Copied in the real team name csv. Opened it and confirmed the names were changed. Started a new save, still had fictional names.

FOF9 was on my D drive. Uninstalled/reinstalled, copied csv file, started game, still fictional names.

Uninstalled FOF, deleted solesismic file in appdata. Reinstalled on C, copied in csv before ever opening the game. Started FOF for the first time. Created league, still have fictional team names.

I'm not understanding this at all. Game was never opened with the default file. Where are the default fictional names coming from?

Not expecting you to be tech support for FOF, just adding to the converstaion hoping a common cause can be found
There are two different files, and which one is used depends on how you start the game. I can't look right now because I have it simming 25ish seasons, but one of them has league structure info in it in like the first column on the left that tells you this is used for a 32-team, 16-game league or whatever, so if you are starting your league with a specific configuration, you need to have that one customized. Then the other one is used for..something else.