View Single Post
Old 10-28-2023, 11:16 PM   #4349
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
He's an aging MMA fighter. Might be a tough guy but there's zero planets where he should be taking an alleged legit top boxer to the limit (and by most accounts beating him except for sketchy judging)

Maybe Fury is a top 2 heavyweight ... and it's really boxing that's completely cooked.

Quite honestly I was surprised how good Ngannou looked, considering his lack of experience. He looked natural, athletic and showed good timing. Quite honestly there are guys in the top 10-15 he beats right now and if he stays in boxing he could become a contender. The big hole I saw in his game is not putting punches together consistently and looking for the big punch instead. Beyond that his defense was not terrible and he has a chin.

That said, I don't think Fury took him seriously and most likely viewed this as a hard sparring session he would make bank on, without disrupting his date with Usyk.

After tonight though, I say there is absolutely no way we see Fury / Usyk this year, as Fury was an embarrasment.
BYU 14 is online now   Reply With Quote