View Single Post
Old 10-26-2023, 06:52 AM   #238
Flasch186
Coordinator

I feel bad for me 4 years ago

Aiden played in a varsity jv mix 9 inning game against Bolles (of Chipper Jones fame) and he made one routine catch in RF although he caught flak for not calling ball, ball, ball. After the game he told me that the 9th grade 2nd baseman was running towards him yelling “call it” he assumed but it kind of sounded like ball and he didn’t want to upend a kid older than him. I gave him crap for that and told him that age doesn’t matter, and it’s his bail versus a kid running away from home plate to make a catch.

He went to the plate once and swung and missed twice, took two balls, and then went down looking on a pitch off of the plate. While disappointing it didn’t look too bad in that all of the 8th graders struck out except the tank who hit one deep in the hole at short and yet still got thrown out at first cuz he’s slow. That looked worse I think.

But then the highlight, he pitched:

Medium grounder to 3rd off his glove (e5)
Struck out the next kid
Weak grounder to SS that went under his glove (e6)
A ball hit to the the first baseman off of the bag and Aiden sprinted to cover, the throw to him at full sprint was hard and he just couldn’t catch it and get the foot down…got discombobulated, and just missed the catch. We talked and he now knows catching it is always the first priority and the bag second… so not sure but maybe e1
Then a medium grounder to 3b who sailed it over the 2b but the RF backed up and threw out the kid running for 3rd
Then a weak pop up to 1b

So I think no hit perhaps in front of the varsity team and coach

Not bad- the defense is not typically this bad do everyone has an off night in some thing

Wish he’d hit more lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Putting a New Spin on Real Estate!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL

Last edited by Flasch186 : 10-26-2023 at 06:55 AM.
Flasch186 is offline   Reply With Quote