View Single Post
Old 10-17-2023, 09:30 PM   #476
Galaril
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
Georgia has the 13th toughest SOS for opponents yet faced (not including the possible SEC Championship Game). Air Force has the 109th. Not exactly the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
While I'm happy to shit on the UGA schedule as much as anybody (and happier than most), not sure who has that calculation.

Using ESPN solely for easy to see (I've looked at three others already earlier in the afternoon, the sad state of the AF schedule was consistent across all of them)

Air Force has a current SOS rank of 131 out of 133 FBS, Georgia is currently 102 ... but the remaining schedules are 94th vs 19th. That'll balance out quite a bit if both are hypothetically unbeaten.

Obviously I don’t think it reasonable to compare the two one plays in the SEC and th3 other the MWC but was pointing out at this point they have very similar SOS. I don’t ow anything about ESPNs ratings I use the Sports Reference.com. Site . It has Air Force as having the 116 and a -5.00 and Georgia is 119 and a -5.61 at this point. As they have games against Bama and Tennessee among others there SOS will go up as will Air Forces. Air Forces won’t go up any where near as high as Georgia but from SOS numerical rating they may not be as far off as some might finish the season playing three ranked teams at the end which I suspect will I prove there SOS. My point is yes they probably don’t deserve to be in the Fiesta Bowl but neither did Tulane last year and they beat a Clemson
Galaril is offline   Reply With Quote