View Single Post
Old 10-13-2023, 12:19 PM   #32
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post
My wife and I were discussing Harvard and that now unemployed NYU grad. Freedom of speech but not freedom of speech without repercussions. She mentioned what our County came out with below. Wondering why our County thought it was important to come out with their irrelevant opinion.

https://www.forsythco.com/News/forsy...acks-in-israel

Just like everyone else, the county knows that they are better off stating their position and dealing with whatever comes from that as opposed to staying silent and having said position defined for you. Silence in this case seems to mean that not only do you not stand with Israel without qualification to use the phrase that Brian in the other thread. it could also be seen as you are actively supporting Hamas.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote