Thread: World Politics
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2023, 01:39 PM   #256
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie View Post
https://twitter.com/ksadjadpour/stat...31438924312949

Signs I've played too many Paradox Interactive games: I read this and said "Welp, there's Israel's Casus Belli for going to war with Iran"
Why would Israel go to real war vs Iran? They could never hold any territory. Tough to tell exactly what's happening on the Lebanon border or parts of the West Bank like Jenin because Hamas and Islamic Jihad have some people up there but leveraging the US's support there and avoiding any outright war while concentrating their firepower on Gaza makes all the sense in the world if the PA and Hezbollah are onboard.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
I mean Israel has been doing that and worse for decades now. It's a war, I don't know why images from one side would change much.
The actual devastation from airstrikes will be disproportionately worse but if you don't want to admit why videos of one side killing, kidnapping, and celebrating while parading around women and children as hostages is worse optically cool. Whether it was a miscalculation thinking hostages from them would get countries on their side or they're just idiots who hit a target of opportunity the multinational nature of the music festival is also devastating to Hamas in the public opinion sphere. Attacking just IDF positions would have had a ton of people on their side, even sticking to attacking Israeli communities probably leads to a lot more Euro/Latin countries or the UN pushing to limit any Israeli response more, doing what they did makes it pretty hard for any country to avoid calling them terrorists.
BishopMVP is offline   Reply With Quote