Thread: World Politics
View Single Post
Old 09-27-2023, 07:13 PM   #188
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post
This would be fantastic if there is normalization.

Looks pretty darn serious. If the below are the only terms, I'd be disappointed. Joe needs to buy us more time (10 years?) for "stable" oil prices.

Saudi Arabia tries to reassure the Palestinians – but of what? - GZERO Media
Quote:
What do the Saudis want? While Riyadh, custodian of two of the holiest sites in Islam, is attempting to show that it remains committed to the Palestinian cause, it is more concerned about getting Washington’s assistance to build a civilian nuclear program and other security guarantees from Uncle Joe. The Biden administration says these concessions would be contingent on Saudi normalization with Israel.

Quote:
I'd be skeptical but seems there is some substantial negotiations going on. I do wonder how much input the Palestinians have had.
Looks like the Palestinians didn't have much input.

Quote:
The view from the Palestinian camp is that a thaw between Israel and Saudi is a betrayal of the Palestinians and a departure from the Saudis’ previous position that they wouldn’t embrace Israel until the Palestinian issue was settled. Riyadh, for its part, had previously said that this would have to include Israel's withdrawal from some areas, such as the West Bank, East Jerusalem and the Golan Heights.

Overall, huge news (if true). Surprised I'm not reading more on MSM.

Great for Israel and Saudi Arabia. Not that great for the Palestinians, rest of region has moved on.
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote