View Single Post
Old 09-19-2023, 09:13 PM   #331
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobble View Post
I just watched JT O'Sullivan's hour-and-a-half breakdown of Fields and the Bears week 2. He pretty much craps on the whole org. Poor O-line play, poor play from TE and WRs, ridiculous play calling, and skittish, gunshy performance from Justin Fields. Total trainwreck.

There are so many "What are we doing here?" comments from him directed at too many different players and scheme concepts that you really that you come away with no confidence in the Bears staff. Maybe Fields was never going to be a good NFL QB but you have to believe that his chances with this team are practically nil.

I was reading Bill Barnwell and he pointed out that things are so bad right now that it's hard to pinpoint where the problem really is. Getsy's playcalling doesn't fit Fields and is just bad overall. The offensive execution is awful. There's 1-2 players not doing the right thing on nearly every play. Fields is all over the place and playing like he has no confidence in the plays being called or his teammates.

I thought Eberflus did a solid job last year. They had very little talent, but played hard and weren't making a ton of boneheaded mistakes. They just weren't good. This year it's just a disaster. The lack of execution and guys not playing hard is really glaring.

Expectations were 7 wins-ish and improvement. It would take a miracle for this team to get to 7 wins.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote