View Single Post
Old 09-19-2023, 01:21 PM   #320
rjolley
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post
Honest question for Bears fans:

It seems pretty likely that y'all will end up with two very high picks next draft--possibly top 5.

Assuming that happens, has it been worth it as a fan? It is the classic tanking question (though I am not accusing the team of losing on purpose). Are years of having to watch a shitty team worth it to get the chance to draft a top QB and another blue chip guy?

Or would you have preferred average football over the last 4 years?

Normally, we think of that in the abstract, but here is a real life example of it. What's your feelings on it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atocep View Post
Well, last year was the first year of actual tanking. Before that the Bears were bad and actually trying. One of the issues they previously had in hiring a competent GM was the McCaskyes wouldn't let anyone rebuild. Ballard specifically didn't take the job because of that.

Agree with this point. The Bears only tried to tank last season. The other years, they were just bad.

This year is going to be interesting. I don't know why some thought this was a playoff team with the holes in the roster. However, I did think we were a 6-7 win team. Right now, we look like a 2 win team.

Will they lean into it and ensure this is a <4 win team? Don't know, too early to tell. Will the fan base be ok with that? No, not in the way it's happening now. If the team starts to show some growth, not just from Fields but from all of the young players, they will reluctantly come around.

For me, I would like to see growth of the young players and improvement that shows that Fields is far and away the problem. There are so many issues on offense, putting another QB into that spot will most likely result in the same destruction of a QB that we're seeing now.

Last edited by rjolley : 09-19-2023 at 01:23 PM.
rjolley is offline   Reply With Quote