View Single Post
Old 09-08-2023, 09:41 AM   #530
Edward64
Head Coach

I don't really know who Fani is but on this alone, I'd vote her for Governor.

Fani Willis to Jim Jordan: ‘It is time that you deal with some basic realities’ - MarketWatch
Quote:
The district attorney who brought charges against former President Donald Trump and others over their efforts to overturn the results of Georgia’s 2020 election sent a scathing letter to U.S. Rep. Jim Jordan on Thursday, accusing him of interfering in a state case and pushing “outrageous partisan misrepresentations.”
The key part ...

Quote:
“Its obvious purpose is to obstruct a Georgia criminal proceeding and to advance outrageous partisan misrepresentations,” Willis wrote. “As I make clear below, there is no justification in the Constitution for Congress to interfere with a state criminal matter, as you attempt to do.”
:
“Your public statements and your letter itself make clear that you lack any legitimate legislative purpose for that inquiry: your job description as a legislator does not include criminal law enforcement, nor does it include supervising a specific criminal trial because you believe that doing so will promote your partisan political objectives,” Willis wrote.
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote