View Single Post
Old 09-07-2023, 11:34 PM   #407
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Love to see the win, let's go! Most of those 4 early draft picks showed out for at least a moment or two.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solecismic View Post
Goff might be the guy. How much of the knock on him comes from Belichick thoroughly solving him in the Super Bowl when he was still new in the league?

Yeah, I think there will always be a part of me that is convinced Goff is a liability, and we've seen how he can fall apart under pressure, yet (somewhat to your point) what could I want from an NFL quarterback that Jared Goff hasn't proven he can do? He's already been all the way through the playoffs to the super bowl, he's been deadly accurate, riding the longest current without-an-interception streak in the league, he is helping St Brown develop immediately, has lifted the rest of the Lions mediocre WRs and has a synergy with the OL that has allowed him & them to play to the best of their abilities. He obviously can't run for shit, even well behind Matt Stafford's standard, but that seems like a faint complaint considering how well he's otherwise played in Detroit.

I have to give him credit for turning from albatross into apparent stud, with the added challenge level of doing so in Detroit, where folks have been somewhat conditioned to embrace and enable QB failure.
Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.

Last edited by thesloppy : 09-07-2023 at 11:41 PM.
thesloppy is offline   Reply With Quote