View Single Post
Old 09-02-2023, 03:35 PM   #6387
cuervo72
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93 View Post
He had plenty of time to go to the other window. He was already behind the car. He never should have been in front of it. He just needed to walk up the other side of the car. There are a ton of police videos and even a whole live police show on TV every weekend. Have you ever seen a video where police are trying to detain someone in a car that has the keys and the engine on and they decide to stand in front of it? I can’t recall a single time. They come up the back and either look in from the passenger side window or stand just behind the vehicle but off to the side.

That is my issue with this situation. The officer never should have been where he was.

Well that's one of my questions, yes. "Well, they couldn't have known that she might do anything than submit." So was the one cop also not aware that a car is considered a deadly weapon? I figure he probably did. Is it considered SOP to intentionally put yourself right in front of a deadly weapon? Did he (and did the driver) realize that once he stepped in front of the car, her options were 1. Keep the car in park or 2. I shoot you?

I mean, if we always say "being a cop is a tough job, you have to deal with split-second decisions", perhaps cops should try their best to avoid situations where they put (a largely untrained, and often not very wise) citizens into positions where they also are forced to make life or death split-second decisions? Maybe these non-professionals might, you know, sometimes make mistakes!

Last edited by cuervo72 : 09-02-2023 at 03:49 PM.
cuervo72 is offline   Reply With Quote