View Single Post
Old 09-02-2023, 01:27 PM   #6373
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuervo72 View Post
I mean, there are two cars parked there. One in the aisle behind, one on the side towards the front of the store. There is enough time for the cops to get out of their cars and walk over to the woman. There was plenty of time to park the cop cars in front of her BEFORE THEY PARKED. You want to stop someone to talk to them, so they don't get away, seems like the logical thing to me is to...park in front of their car.

As for the deadly weapon thing...no, she shouldn't have tried to move the car. Of course, she was doing it...rather slowly, I'd say? How long does it take you to step to the side of an extremely slow moving vehicle?
In this situation, they had no reason to believe she was going to drive off in the car. judging these things in hindsight is so easy, but when this is going down they are not thinking "I better go get my cruiser because this pregnant women is likel going to try to hit me with her car."

Just think of that second video. Why didn't that police officer immediately secure that woman's hands? Why did not already have his pistol in his hands when he came to her window? Why didn't he wait for back up to approach her? Because officers have to assess the situation before them and make decisions on what they see. That officer never in a million years thought that lady was just going to casually pull a gun out and point it at him. He has seconds to react, and it was likely him or her.
GrantDawg is online now   Reply With Quote