View Single Post
Old 08-30-2023, 09:03 PM   #97
CrossroadsReb
Mascot

**I neglected to mention that the WWF championship changed hands last night at SummerSlam in Phoenix, Arizona, as Chris Benoit defeated Stone Cold Steve Austin for the WWF Championship in what some wrestling observers are calling a possible Match of the Year candidate. It is the first WWF Championship reign for Benoit. Also, The Rock defeated Chris Jericho in a Ladder Match, rated a 95. The show itself came in at a 93.

WCW vs WWF
Show Rating: Raw 87, Nitro 85

TV Rating: Raw 2.65, Nitro 0.39

Main Event: Raw 95, Nitro 84

Raw Main Event: The Big Show and William Regal def. Kurt Angle and Chris Benoit in a 95 rated match. For the third show in a row, Chris Jericho def. Randy Orton.

Post-Show Incidents
--Booker T approached me after the show and said that Shawn Stasiak needs to learn how to sell and is not worth pushing until that is addressed.

--Kevin Nash approached me after the show and told me that Alex Wright doesn’t connect with the fans and is a waste of time.

News from Week 4, August 2001
--Well, hell! I get a message from owner Eric Bischoff. It says that WCW will be undergoing a product change, changing to the Classic Sports Entertainment approach. Among other things, the change is due to complete over the next nine months. My popularity growth will also be limited for the duration of the change. The big change will be that TV shows under Classic Sports Entertainment will be 65% matches and 35% angles. It is currently 75/25, which is nice. Attendance levels are very strongly affected by the state of the wrestling industry but the company will be very attractive to sponsors. I was not expecting anything like that at all. That throws everything off now.

--The recently retired Randy Savage was inducted in the TEW Hall of Immortals this week. Savage is a 4-time holder of the WCW World Heavyweight Title, a 2-time holder of the WWF World Heavyweight Title, a former WWF Intercontinental champion, and a WWF King of the Ring winner in 1987.
CrossroadsReb is offline   Reply With Quote