View Single Post
Old 08-25-2023, 06:31 PM   #493
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
There is only one of the 18 defendant that did not recieve bond and is sitting in the Fulton jail right now till Arraignment. Can you guess which one? If you said the only black defendant, you would be correct.

Poor guy

https://www.cnn.com/politics/live-ne...-23/index.html
Quote:
Harrison Floyd, one of President Donald Trump's 18 co-defendants in the Georgia 2020 election subversion case, will remain in the Fulton County jail for now.

During his first appearance in court Friday afternoon, Judge Emily Richardson told Floyd that she would not be setting bond because Floyd had already been indicted and assigned to Judge Scott McAfee, who would address bond moving forward.

Richardson also informed Floyd of his rights and read the charges that he is facing during the brief virtual appearance.

“There are grounds for bond to be denied at this point,” Richardson said. “I’m going to go ahead and find that you are a risk to commit additional felonies and a potential risk to flee the jurisdiction. So I’m going to deny bond, but a full consideration of bond will be addressed” by Judge McAfee, who will preside over the case.
Don't know if this guy is playing games but you'd think he'd want an attorney to help him through this process. Had to look it up, the eligibility for a public defender is "... if the defendant lives alone, he or she would have to earn less than $16,335 to qualify for legal services." TBH this sounds a little low to me.

Quote:
Floyd does not have representation and told the judge that he could not afford a private attorney. Richardson told Floyd he did not meet the eligibility requirements for obtaining a public defender. He appeared over video conference in a large, empty room dressed in a prison uniform.
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote