View Single Post
Old 08-23-2023, 07:50 AM   #416
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

A few have tried. They are now out of politics basically. If more did, that would mean more of them out of politics and replaced. I still wish they did, don't get me wrong, I think we'd better off if there were a lot more Justin Amash/Liz Cheney/pick your other examples and fewer Lindsay Grahams.

It wouldn't change where we are in terms of Republican voters favoring Trump though. People forget easily how opposed the establishment was to Trump in 2016. It didn't stop his candidacy.

It's also almost always the same people who want more Republicans to do the right thing who get upset when politicians don't do what their voters want them to do on various issues. But ... what Republican voters want their representatives to do is to support Trump. By large margins. So what do we want? Do we want politicians to do what their voters think they should do, or do we not want them to do that? If we're going to cheer when some random politician gets voted out for not doing what their constituents want, we can't very well rightfully complain when Republican politicians don't do that en masse.

Last edited by Brian Swartz : 08-23-2023 at 07:52 AM.
Brian Swartz is offline   Reply With Quote