View Single Post
Old 07-20-2023, 11:33 AM   #506
Edward64
Head Coach

A little more info. It's not clear to me if they still at the gate or queued up behind planes on the tarmac.

https://simpleflying.com/passengers-...letter_popup=1
Quote:
The plane was stuck on the ground without air conditioning for nearly four hours.

On July 17th, Delta flight DL555 was scheduled to depart Harry Reid International Airport (LAS) at around 13:45 local time en route to Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport (ATL). However, the flight found itself stuck in a queue behind more than a dozen other flights, forcing it to wait on the apron.

The Boeing 757s air conditioning system was not functioning as the aircraft baked under the Las Vegas summer heat. Temperatures reached triple figures (between 111 and 115 degrees Fahrenheit), and cabin conditions soon became unbearable.
So 2 hours in, the pilots know some passengers may be in distress. Some on reddit was saying if there is not AC for the passengers, there's no AC for the pilots.

Quote:
About two hours in, several passengers began to suffer ill effects from the heat - the pilot instructed the cabin to "hit your call button if you’re having a medical emergency," and flight attendants were seen issuing oxygen masks to those worst affected.
Wonder how long it was between the "two hours in" and when the pilot finally made the call? 5 min, another 30 min, another 60 min?

Quote:
The situation worsened, with multiple passengers losing consciousness and some soiling themselves - the pilot later said that some of the flight attendants had fallen ill, so the flight may not be able to leave at all. Paramedics boarded the aircraft equipped with stretchers, and all passengers would eventually disembark.
Yeah bub, no kidding, the least you could do. Let me see if I can find Morgan & Morgan in my rolodex.

Quote:
Delta added that it had issued a direct apology to all passengers on the flight, as well as compensation and help getting booked on other flights.

Last edited by Edward64 : 07-20-2023 at 11:35 AM.
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote