View Single Post
Old 07-20-2023, 08:02 AM   #774
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

I visited an old high school buddy in the Atlanta area this past weekend and he showed me this box he bought to replace cable and pay streaming services called an Octabox. It cost $275 with no subscription and he literally got every channel you could think of for "free." I mean, every cable channel, PPV channels, local TV channels from everywhere, HBO and all the rest of the movie channels, every sports network and pay subscription, etc. He even got a selection of channels from another dozen countries. It was insane.

And obviously, illegal. But funny enough, in Googling about these types of devices, there's a lot of information about how they are technologically a ripoff since they are based on outdated Android systems, but not all that much about legality. There was some lip service to a gray area and that it likely becomes illegal once you use it to get channels you know you have to pay for, but honestly, it looked like it sits in the same place Napster did in the late 90s - probably illegal but no one really enforcing anything.

I'm not going to do it, but wondering if anyone has seen or heard about these things. How are they tapping into these channels?
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote