View Single Post
Old 07-06-2023, 12:49 PM   #45
Radii
Head Coach

Thursday

There were no hugely obvious lessons in that VOD, but still it's always beneficial to watch my games back. I chatted with a buddy of mine last night and I think my biggest problem is trying to greed for 7 and 8 both without rolling enough.

Lets try a new format here. Too cluttered? Useful?

Game 1:

I hit an early Azir after slamming one of his best items (Rageblade) very early, the game pretty much played itself after that, I hit well, and a strategist heart gave me 5 strategist which is very strong (4 is usually what you end up with, 5 is a stretch trait). I was on my way to a win I believe until my opponent in the final 2 hit Kaisa 3. I was one away from Lux 3 myself, alas.

Composition:

5 Strategist/3 Shurmia/3 Demacia

Azir/Lux carry, Jarvan/Nasus tank, Swain/Garen/Taliyah/Teemo provide utility/traits
5 cost Ksante added at level 9

Augments:

2-1: Buried Treasure 2 (Gold) - gives gold and item components
3-2: Long Distance Pals 2 (Gold) - the units furthest from each other share some stats, making them stronger
4-2: Strategist Heart (Gold) - Gain credit for having +1 Strategist

Key Decision: Taking Long Distance Pals on 3-2 instead of taking the default legend augment that gives more items helped my combat strength in stage 3 and let me win streak.

Game 1 Result

2nd: +32 LP (Current: D3 32 LP)

I'm still planning on writing up all games of the same session in one post, I just wanted to see what this looked like.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote