View Single Post
Old 07-04-2023, 10:38 AM   #234
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
Not played it yet, but watched many streamer do it that likes the same kind of games I do. It came out at the same time as Old World, which I like a little better. For that price, its certainly worth a try,

I went ahead & pulled the trigger on the bundle. It's certainly not "bad" though definitely not anything that resembles a "Civ killer" either.

I've put 6 hours into it, played through a first start that went poorly but a lot of mistakes were made in the opening turns just from not understanding how quite a few things worked that probably doomed me.

2nd start has made it to nearly 150 turns and I've seen several new mechanics plus definitely understood much better wth I was doing on some other stuff I'd seen earlier.

fwiw, having watched quite a bit of Old World let's plays, I shied away because of some of the ... let's call it quirks of the combat there (the whole "okay, if that army existed then i should have seen it but it just magically appeared after movement that really doesn't make sense unless the AI simply doesn't have rules like the player")