View Single Post
Old 07-03-2023, 08:10 PM   #24
Umbrella
High School Varsity

It's Russia's turn to act. While they still have an aggressive posture, I think the summit helped ease tensions, so hopefully this won't be too terrible for us.

Because the tension level is so low, we get to remove the anti-US counter from our relationship. Then they try and improve their strategic capabilities. First attempt is strategic recon/intel gathering, which is successful. Cyber warfare is next, but that is unsuccessful. Finally, they try strategic missiles/defense, which is also unsuccessful.

Next is espionage. They get two attempts, and fail at both of them. Finally my bad die rolls are affecting someone else.

Then they try and improve their economy. We have multilateral sanctions on them, which prevents the economy from improving.

Now they have 6 additional actions to do. The first one is cyber attacks. The first is US Political Cohesion. This is unsuccessful. Second is Eastern Europe Democracies. This is also unsuccessful. Final cyber attack is US Political Cohesion again. This time they are successful, and our RWC drops by 1. Bipartisan cooperation is already at the lowest level, so it doesn't drop further.

Action #2 is to expand influence. They attempt in Eastern Europe, but are unsuccessful.

Action #3 is to attempt to remove sanctions. These talks break down, and sanctions remain.

Action #4 is in the Arctic. They do some deep sea mining, which improves their economy.

Action #5 is to increase their military strength. This is successful, which also results in two tension counters in Russia, NATO, UK, and Canada. Not good.

Action #6, and final action, is to help Iran's nuclear program. This is successful, costing me an AP, and putting a tension counter on Iran, Israel, and the Gulf States. There are now 4 tension counters on the Gulf States, and they still haven't acted yet.
Umbrella is offline   Reply With Quote