View Single Post
Old 06-30-2023, 11:58 AM   #24
Radii
Head Coach

The 36 hours after the patch were possibly the strangest in the 4 year history of this game. Balancing games is hard, sometimes you nerf/buff and create a new meta that's just completely broken. That happened here, but in a really odd way. One specific legend, Draven, got buffed while a lot of things around him got nerfed and the game was just insane.

All of a sudden the meta was to take Draven, all his augments, and just go level 8 as soon as possible and 3* 4 costs. Usually you'll see a single 3 star 4 cost maybe once every 10 game from anyone. That person is going to win the game. It's hard to do. For 24 hours after the patch, there were 4-7 of them every single game. It was WILD.

Study

I tried to play a couple games in this crazy meta and was failing. I spent about 90 minutes studying, watching the VOD's of two streamers that I like, one of them, Robinsongz, is a top 10 player who I have in the past found that I can usually emulate fairly well for my level.

Gameplay

I played a bunch after this little study session and went top 4 in 8 of my next 10 games.

Rank

During this very weird day of TFT I went from 0 LP in Plat III to 79 LP in Plat II. That's a gain of 179 LP which is very significant for one day.

The weirdness from the patch was hotfixed last night, and I seemed to start struggling again, so we're going to be starting today with some more dedicated study to try to latch on to the quickly shifting metagame.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote