View Single Post
Old 06-17-2023, 06:58 PM   #7419
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
I'm really surprised you guys had that much of a problem with it. Almost every game has some kind of time constraints, and Xcom was much easier than about any game I ever played. It is much easier than the average RTS game. Maybe it is just the understanding that the game is made in a way that you are going to lose soldiers. It is a resource game, and part of the resource are your soldiers. If you take out the turn timer, the game would be way too easy.

Sent from my SM-S916U using Tapatalk

{shrug} It literally killed it for me, haven't touched it since I realized that there simply wasn't much fun left for me. If I happen to be in the mood to play something sweaty I'll just go play an FPS, where the penalty for rushed mistakes is temporary and you carry on.

It's a ... pace of play (?) thing. I've got (looks to see) 896 hours in HOI4 right now. I'd bet that as much as 20% of those have been spent micromanaging fleet upgrades.