View Single Post
Old 06-17-2023, 07:41 AM   #379
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
What is the deal with the Ja thing? Was he in an open carry state? Did he need a permit for the gun?

If he didn't break a law I don't see why he should be suspended.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flere-imsaho View Post
Yeah, I still don't understand it, either. Unless he violated some sort of personal conduct contract or something.

If I believed that he was suspended 25 games for openly carrying a gun, I would be all in with the fight both of you are posing here. I don’t believe that was the case.

I believe Ja was suspended for:

1. The allegations that someone in a car Ja was in pointed a gun at the Indiana Pacers team bus because of an on court scuffle that night.

2. The incident with Shannon Sharpe where Jan’s best friend was threatening to fight Sharpe on the court. The best friend is now banned from NBA arenas.

3. The allegations that after receiving a call from his mother, Ja and as many as nine of his friends went to a sneaker store to confront one of the employees. Allegedly, he said while holding a gun, he was going to find out when the employee’s shift was over.

4. The allegations that he invited a 17 year old to his house to play ball. During the game Ja checked the ball hard at the teen, who checked the ball right back at Ja. The ball went through Ja’s hands and hit him in the mouth. Ja looks at his friends, says “Should I do it to him?”, and then allegedly proceeds to punch the kid in the mouth, which was followed with his other friends punching the kid as well. Ja then went inside and came back with a gun in his waist.

5. The two Instagram videos.

6. This last one is speculation on my part but it is informed. I have seen and read way too many interviews of people known to be involved in gangs asking and sometimes begging Ja to cut the fake gangster stuff and just play basketball. They don’t want him to be involved in that shit. They don’t want to have to involve Ja in the gang stuff but will if he keeps going down this path he is going. If I have seen and read this, who knows all the stuff the NBA found in their investigation.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is online now   Reply With Quote