View Single Post
Old 06-14-2023, 07:36 AM   #16
Radii
Head Coach

Game Details

The set is live and I have insomnia, so lets get going! I will not write up every game like this, but I haven't shared much from a real game yet so lets celebrate the start of set 9 with a little depth.

Game 1:

Legend - Twisted Fate - I took all three of his augments - these augments will allow me to have more items than anyone not using TF and to greed for perfect items. "pandora's items" causes all items that i leave on my bench to reroll into something random every stage. When they turn into something I want to use, I put them on a champion.

Everyone starts Iron IV but our rating from the last set is used for matchmaking. That means I'm in Iron, the lowest division, but in a lobby full of Master ranked players from the last set. That means there is no grace period where I get free wins until I climb towards my normal rank.

It's quickly obvious who played a lot of PBE and who didn't. I'm 100 health at wolves (10 straight wins)

I end up running Bastion for my front line (tanky units that gain a bonus to magic resist and armor for the first 10 seconds), with Kalista carry - a 3 cost unit that will do good damage and holds the items my late game carries want very well.

4-1: I'm Aiming for Aphelios or Zeri (will be common theme) based on the items I've made so far.

4-2: scouting reveals two aphelios, 0 zeri, we play zeri unless given 3 aphelios first

4-7: Still 100 health through raptors despite playing greedy.

5-3: We're down to the top 4, still 100 health. Others at 75/24/21.

5-5: first loss to kaisa/8 void (which gives a very strong baron unit)

In the end (the journey is often more intresting than the final few fights in TFT) I was able to beat the void player with Baron, but unable to beat the other person using the same strategy as me - Twisted Fate Legend, 6 zeke's herald items, but he rerolled 3 cost units while I played 2* 4 costs and his comp beat mine very hard in the end.

Apparently I start Bronze 4, not Iron 4 (maybe master+ or Diamond+ get this small benefit). Early on I will get very large gains for top 4s, this was worth 192 LP which bumps me all the way up to Bronze III 92 LP

I took a bunch of screenshots but they're like 1440p. I'll get another one written up soon with screenshots that I scale down to size. We'll get there lol.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote