View Single Post
Old 06-09-2023, 02:48 PM   #110
Solecismic
Solecismic Software

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atocep View Post
What Trump is accused of doing and what Biden and Hilary did with classified materials is apples and orangutangs. They're so far far apart they shouldn't even be discussed together.

Without trying to come off as an ass, if you can't see the difference between these situations then you're part of the problem. What Trump did was far closer to Robert Hanssen was doing than Hilary or Biden. He was planning to use our intelligence for his own gain. This should be the biggest presidential scandal in our nation's history, but it's difficult for many to wrap their heads around the seriousness of this issue when it's tied to the President of the United States.

That's one take. Sounds extreme. Just like the Russia pee-document. I'm just not going to be suckered at this stage any more. Maybe you're right. Maybe not. I'm not trying to both-sides it, but I have little trust in the media on anything politics-related at this point. They really sold the Russia story like it was dead-solid fact, just like the take above. It wasn't even based on anything real. They just wanted it to be true.

The one piece of that which makes no sense to me (and Trump often makes no sense to me, so there's that) is if he felt he had documents that were worth enough money to be worth treason, and he knew that the DOJ knew he had boxes of documents on his property and had thought that a better lock was the solution, then those particular documents would not have been found with the rest. Not even Geraldo Rivera would have found them. Of course, he might be that stupid. Certainly the Democrats think he is.

I'm not trying to both-sides this. I'm just saying that at some point, drinking the Kool-Aid constantly put out by either one of the sides will make you perpetually angry. Because then you're paying attention to them, not to what actually matters.
Solecismic is offline   Reply With Quote