View Single Post
Old 06-07-2023, 05:51 PM   #85
Umbrella
High School Varsity

I got lucky and avoided all retirements this phase.

The draft was not great. With my first pick, I took William Fulbright. Donald S Russell was my second pick, and S I Hayakawa was third. I won't list everyone else that I picked.

For the career track, here are where my rookies ended up:
Private - Donald S Russell
Military - Wesley E Brown
Judicial - Lewis F Powell Jr
Governing - Buford Ellington
Legislative - William Fulbright
Admin - John J McIntyre
Backroom - Augustus Hawkins

I had two guys come off the career tracks since they hit their 20 years. William P Cole Jr was on the judicial track, gained +2 judicial, expansionist, and unlikeable. Carl Hatch came off the admin track, gained +2 admin, housing expertise, egghead, expansionist, and +1 legislative. He could become a powerhouse in New Mexico. No relation to the chile.

I chose not to relocate any of my politicians, but I did try and shift John R Murdock, Carl Hatch, and Elbert D Thomas from moderate to liberal. They all need it to compete in their states. Only Thomas was successful, and to add insult to injury, Murdock gained flip flopper, and Hatch gained the dreaded pliable. So much for him becoming a powerhouse.

Because my faction leader, Cordell Hull, is passive, I can't attempt any conversions. My fellow players have no such problems, and failed presidential candidate Wendell Wilkie jumps ship to the Republican party.

All of my kingmakers already have proteges, so I can't do anything during this section.

Next up will be the faction cards. I think I will end up losing reformists and gaining expansionists, but everything else will stay the same.

My faction is really faltering right now. I hope Carl Hayden will become senate majority leader and finally lose obscure so I can return him as faction leader. Cordell Hull is the frontrunner to win Speaker, but I'm putting some feelers out to make him the key advisor to the President. This is his true calling, but it would be hard to pass up being Speaker. I'm still licking my wounds from the election fallout. The country is leaning liberal right now, and my moderate/conservative faction is struggling to remain relevant.
Umbrella is offline   Reply With Quote